Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Update 49

Urban was overjoyed with his new son. He visited with Mae often. When they had the time they went out on dates. The two were like love struck children, forgetting all responsibility. But eventually reality caught up.


With the birth of little Max, it was no secret any more about Urban and his mistress. Even so, Urban felt he should break the news to Harmony.

"Harmony, before you hear it from someone else, you should know something." Urban sat Harmony down, "I've had a son...with Mae Welsh."

Harmony said nothing. She just buried her face in her hands and cried.


Over the next few days, Harmony and Urban didn't talk. Harmony needed time to think things over, so she visited her tribe. Creator Victoria, now an elder, welcomed Harmony.

"I continue to offer my support in any discussion you make Harmony." Victoria said, "I'd like you to meet my daughter, the next Creator. We've both discussed it and you, and your daughters, are welcomed here anytime."

"I thank you both. But for the time being, I'm going to fight for my king, and my daughters." Harmony replied.


"Urban. We need to talk."

"Yes? Harmony."

"Unless you are willing to divorce me, I am still queen. As such, I will not acknowledge any of your illegitimate sons as heir."

"That's not really up to you."

"No. It's up to both of us. Will you throw all we had away for just one son. If so then say it. Say you don't want me. Or your three daughters."

Urban could say nothing. Xena walked up.

"Dad, please consider me as your heir. I'll even consider an arranged marriage." Urban pondered this. He still loved Harmony and all his daughters. Considering Max was still a baby and a long way off from being old enough for the throne, Urban arranged another meeting with the Whitfields.

"While a marriage between my son and Princess Xena is most welcomed, from the last time we met another offer has arose. The Shallot heir is another possibility for my son. Until they are of age, we will be considering each one carefully." Hans' father stated.

"Looks like it's me, against you, Diana." Xena thought to herself.


Harmony and Urban agreed to remain on friendly terms. They took time for themselves. Harmony found ways to relax. Urban spent time with Max, who was now a child. When they had to, Urban and Harmony spent time together, whether meals or sleeping.


Finally, it was Iris and Xena's birthdays. Urban threw a big party for them. Iris was excited to be a teen. Nike was happy to be the only child in the house now.

"Happy birthday Iris." Urban smiled, "As promised, I got you a necklace, just like Xena's."

"Thanks dad!"


"Alright Xena, here's your cake." Mae brought the cake up.

"Well, well. We are both young adults now Xena." Diana smiled, "And at least one of us will be inheriting a kingdom. I'll honestly say, I truly hope both of us will."


With both Windenburg and the Tudor kingdoms oldest children now of age, it's only a matter of time for the next generation.

Previous
Next

No comments:

Post a Comment