Saturday, February 20, 2016

Update 52

While Xena wanted to take her time figuring life out, she knew the first order of business would be having an heir. Between her Council duties and Han's business, they at the least managed to find time for that.


"You've been hard at work Xena." Marcelo remarked one evening, "Why don't you come with me and my club tonight? Have some fun."

"Alright. I guess I shouldn't be all work and no play."

So the two went out to the Blue Velvet nightclub. They danced and had a great time. A while into the night Xena ran into her sister, Nike.

"Surprised to see you here Nike."

"Yeah. The tribe is fun and all, but they don't have much going on at this time of night. Plus, I've kind of gotten into dancing and wanted to check out the scene here. Nothing like in Windenburg though. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Marcelo invited me. Marcelo, this is my sister Nike." Marcelo walked up with lady in a big sun hat and blue striped dress. Xena raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"It is nice to meet you Nike. And this is my mother, Natalia." Marcelo replied.

They all spent the rest of the evening together.


Having had such a great time with everyone, the next day Xena decided to visit her mother. She had not seen her very much since she became queen.

"Mother, you look down almost every time I've seen you. What has been going on?" Xena asked.

"Oh, it's just, I miss your father."

"Really?!"

"Yes. Really. I know we were not on great terms before he died, but still. And it was so sudden. I still loved him so much, and hoped he would be here with me." Harmony began to tear up.

"That's unlikely. I mean, he seemed pretty cozy with that woman, and his precious boys. I didn't do right by you or me or any of us. I do not see why you miss him that much." Xena retorted.

"How could you say such a heartless thing?!" Harmony wailed, "You will see. Once you love someone, you will see. He may not have been perfect, but he was still my husband. And I loved him."

Xena just shook her head. She really had little love to show for her father, and she wasn't afraid to show that.


Back at home, Xena realized she was getting kind of pudgy and not feeling well. Maybe she was pregnant.

"Definitely sounds like it to me." Diana said. Xena had invited her over that afternoon, "Well congrats on your pregnancy. I for one cannot wait for my own to be over. Look at me, I'm about to pop!"

Xena chuckled. She thanked Diana for visiting, and went to tell the rest of the house the good news. Hans was happy to hear and gave his thin smile. Marcelo was a bit more expressive in his joy and beamed brightly.

"Anything you need, just let me know. I will get it, right away!" Marcelo stated.


Despite the news, things were as usual in the house. Hans was busy at work most of the time. Xena spent her time off at home with Marcelo.

"Your mother is quite the lively one." Xena said.

"Yes. Sometimes people think she's my sister. She loves life. We both lead our dance group. She was a professional back in the day."

"I'd say she still is. You both are." Xena replied, "Tell me then, how did you come to work for Hans?"

"Truth is," Marcelo sighed, "Hans' father is also my father. We are half-brothers. Our father meet my mother when she was a dancer. Mr. Whitfield had married a woman from another wealthy family, but I think he truly loved my mother. She went to work for him and they had me."

"Oh. Is that why Hans doesn't really get along with you?"

Marcelo shrugged, "I guess. Our father treated me no different from Hans, which I guess upset him. Inheritance can be a messy thing for any family I guess."


Xena would go on to ponder Marcelo's words, as she was now expecting an heir of her own.
Stay Tuned!

Previous
Next

No comments:

Post a Comment