Friday, January 8, 2016

Update 44

Harley was kept busy once the baby was born. She had plenty of help from Harmony, but there was still a lot to do. In the midst of all her chores, Harley got an unexpected visit. Her sister, Mae, stopped in.

"Harley, Darling, how have you been?"

"Ya know, the usual. Keepin' busy."

"Yes. Well, it is sad to say that this job is better than when you ran off with that joker a few years ago. You could do so much more though."

"Why sister, ya an absolute tease! But I love ya. Smile! Hehehe."


Harley wasn't the only one connecting with her sister. Almond often invited Harmony out, so the two got very close.

"What do you think mom would think of us visiting these places?" Almond asked.

"I think she would have come around. You know, she finally told me about her and Ash."

"Really? Me too. I'm sure she'd be proud of you and you're daughter."


Urban also visited with his family.

"Yep, Xena's a healthy baby. I'm sure I will have many healthy heirs in the near future." Urban bragged.

"I hope so Urban. Daughters can be a joy too. I know mine was. Boy did I spoil her!" Amos chuckled, "Here's to many heirs!"


Finally Xena aged up. Just as Amos said, she was quite spoiled. All of the household loved Xena. Both Harmony and Harley spent time with her outdoors playing and Urban spent time with her indoors. Urban even took her around the kingdom.


"Xena, I'm going to visit the Galactic Embassy to see your Uncle Chase. You have a new cousin!"

"Cool! Can I come?"

"Sure."

So the two went to greet Chase's new baby.


Later that evening, Urban held a gathering of the Council at the Tudor house. Harmony greeted the members at the door. As a rule, spouses were not allowed to join the Council, so she did not know them very well. Urban didn't want to keep her in the dark though, so he hoped hosting a gathering would help with that.

Harley's sister was also present.

"It's good to meet you Mae, Harley's told us a lot about you. We hear you are in business, correct?"

"Yes. I've done quite well in it, if I do say so myself."

"Interesting." Urban replied, "The council has recently added a business representative. A Mr. Whitfield, from a very wealthy family. He has been a great addition."

"So I've heard. I myself was hoping to join as a business representative. Think you could pull some strings?"

"I'll see what I can do." Urban said.


The night went on and on, and Harmony was getting bored with all the political talk.

"Urban, can we slip away for a moment. It's getting late, and I think I'm going to go to bed. But I want to say goodnight first."

"Okay." Urban stood up, "Pardon me members, it is late and the Queen would like to go to bed. I'll return in a moment."

Urban and Harmony ducked into the closet for a moment before Harmony went to bed.


While everything was normal in the Tudor house, the Council was growing.
Stay Tuned!

Next
Previous

No comments:

Post a Comment