Friday, January 8, 2016

Update 42

So Urban and Harmony were officially crowned. The Tudor house was pretty empty now with just the two of them. But it would stay that way long.

"Urban, with all the changes and going ons, we haven't had a chance to talk. I'm pregnant!" 

"Really? That's great news! That makes my news just in time then. I'd like you to meet Harley Walsh. She will be our housekeeper."

"Hey. Nice to meet cha!" Harley beamed.

"Umm. A housekeeper? Harley, how old are you?" Harmony questioned.

"Well, I don't like to think of age in numbers, you know! Teeheehee. You're as old as you feel and I feel fine!"

"Riiiiight." Harmony replied.


Harley proved to indeed be a capable housekeep. She was taking classes for cooking and handiness, and was doing quite well. However, Harmony was not taking to her right away.

"I just don't see why we need a housekeeper. Certainly we can just hire a maid or repairman when needed. Plus, I'll be home to take care of the kids." Harmony stated.

"It's tradition Harmony. We cannot just hire any average service person, so that's were a well chosen house keep comes in." Urban explained.

Harmony was still unsure if this was necessary, but understood it was tradition.


Leaving the ladies of the house to get aquianted, Urban was often out with the Council of Leaders. Since he took the thrown, he took Amos' place in the Council.

The Original Council


Meanwhile, Harley tried making friends with her new employer, but Harmony was not so into it. So Harmony spent a lot of time visiting her tribe. 

"Congrats Aunt. I hope you have many daughters." 

"Yes, I heard in the Council meeting from Urban. Congratulations. And may you have many heirs." Creator Victoria said.

"Thank you both." Harmony replied.


Back at the Tudor home, things were getting into a nice routine. Harley kept up with both her chores and her studies. Meals were always on the table. Urban was usually busy with kingdom affairs and the Council. So Harmony had nothing but down time on her hands as they all waited for the baby to be born.


"You know Urban, it's taking me some time to get used to this life."

"Huh? How so?"

"Well, I'm getting used to the housekeeper. I did grow up with Nate, who was the tribe slave. But we amazons still did hard work. Plus, I was your parents' housekeeper, so I've gotten used to doing this stuff myself."

"Oh. I see. But I really want you to relax. Especially now that you're pregnant. Just like your tribe had traditions, our kingdom does too. But I will tell you, I have agreed to keep the one change my father made, to stay with my wife so long as we love each other."


Harmony was reassured by this, and turned her focus on the coming of her first child.

Previous
Next

No comments:

Post a Comment