Friday, January 15, 2016

Update 45

Using his influence, Urban convinced the Council to let Harley's sister, Mae, join. She would be a financial advisor.

"As your advisor, I must say, it would be in the interest of any of the Council members to stay closely connected to the Whitfield family. They are very wealthy, which would be good for any kingdom. Plus, Clint has a son." Mae told Urban.

"Yes, I have been meeting with Clint. His son, Hans, is a little older than my Xena."

"I hear Etta Shallot is looking at a possible engagement between his son and her eldest daughter."

"Oh. Well, that happens when you have a daughter as heir; arranged marriages are common. I'm not worried, my son will be my heir."



One evening when Urban returned home, he and Harmony decided to watch some TV.

"Urban. Guess what."

"What?"

"I'm pregnant!"

"Great! Maybe we will soon have an heir."

Harmony smiled and shrugged.


"So Xena, excited for your new little brother or sister?" Harley asked.

"I guess. So long as daddy still plays llama with me. And watches tv with me, and take selfies. I hope it is a boy. Then I'll be daddy's only princess."


The whole kingdom was anxiously waiting. Harmony spent her time eating her favorite sweets that Harley baked. Amos visited to encourage Urban. Almond also visited to encourage her sister.

"I know Urban's hoping for a boy, but if the Creator's got anything to do with it, I'd bet you'll have many daughters." Almond smiled.

"We can only wait and see. While I'll love all my kids, I don't think Urban could handle all daughters." Harmony joked.


Finally the day came. Sticking with both their traditions, Urban and Harmony decided on another home birth. After a short while, Princess Iris was born.

"Urban, you haven't said anything." Harmony said after a while. Urban didn't respond, and Harmony didn't push it.


Xena was a little disappointed she didn't have a brother. She started to act out at school. One day, her and another boy decided to skip school and hangout. She secretly hoped this would get her parents attention. After Iris was born, she felt they both were to preoccupied.


Both Harmony and Urban were preoccupied thinking about the future.

"It's only your second child Urban. You have time to have an heir." Mae said.

"I know, but still."

Urban was still worried, so he even visited his mother at the moestary.

"Urban, give it time, you will have a son." Tricia tried to reassure her son.


Harmony was worried as well. She comforted herself with yummy treats and visiting with Blake and Almond.

"To bad you aren't back home Harmony. You'd be praise for your daughters." Almond smiled.

"But what if I never have daughters. Urban said he wouldn't leave me because of them, but if we never have an heir, he will be forced to."

"If you two never have a son, then maybe Urban will just have to let the kingdom go to your daughters, hmm?" Blake suggested, "Of course, it's not tradition."


Still wondering and worrying, Urban and Harmony decided to try again for an heir.


Would a son finally be born?
Stay Tuned!

Previous
Next

No comments:

Post a Comment