Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Update 47

While the party continued on, Harmony gave birth to Princess Nike. Another daughter.

"If I were back at home this would be wonderful." Harmony thought to herself. Finally getting away from the party, Urban came to see his new child. He was clearly not pleased, so Harmony suggested they go into the hallway.

"Urban, I don't know what you want from me. It's not like I planned this."

"It's one thing to say that, but what if we never have a son." Urban replied.

"Then you'll just have to name your daughters as heirs."

"What!? No. It's never been done, it's not even an alternative. I will have a son. I will have an heir." Urban stormed off.


That night after the party, Urban hung out with Mae.

"I mean really, I might never have a son." Urban worried.

"You could always name an illegitimate son." Mae suggested.

"I don't have any."

"None? It's not against the rules for a king to have a mistress."

"I never thought of that. My father never did. I certainly wouldn't want just, any mistress." Urban took Mae's hand. They spent the rest of the night out.


When Urban returned in the morning he met with a very unhappy Harmony.

"Urban. You are free to go and do as you please, but I'd like it if you'd not spend the whole night out."

"Sorry Harmony, it's not a big deal."

"Yes it is. Do you know where your daughter was last night? No? Because you weren't here."


Xena had gone out with her friends and cousin to a night club. She too stayed out most of the night.

"I see." Urban said when Harmony told him, "I'll be sure to be home at night then."


Having promised to be home at night, Urban visited Mae during the day. They spent their time at her loft.

"I'm not sure what to do with Xena. She's been hanging out a lot in the evenings."

"Maybe all she needs is a little sense of responsibility. She's at that age, as your oldest, I'm sure she's thinking about the future."


"Xena, I've been thinking, and as my oldest daughter, I want to make sure you have a good future."

"Yeah dad?"

"I've reached out to the Whitfields about an arranged marriage between you and Hans."

"Hans Whitfield? That's your big idea dad? Yeah, no."

"Just give it a try. Nothing's set, it's still up to you. You might like Hans."

So Urban, Harmony and Xena went to the Whitefield house. They met and talked, but Xena was not impressed.


"Well that went over well. Maybe next time talk things over with me first, before you set up our daughter." Harmony confronted Urban the next day, "Of course if you just named her heir..."

"Harmony, I'm not going into this again. I already..." Urban was interrupted by Harley.

"Whoa there you two. Maybe, all the girl needs is a little vacation. All your girls work hard in school, I'm sure they could use a break. You two could use some time off as well. I know! How about a camping trip!?" Harley exclaimed.



"Sorry I cannot go with you girls, but that's just how it is as king." Urban hugged his family.

"That's okay daddy." Iris said, "It will just be a girls trip then. No boys allowed."


So Urban saw off his family. Maybe some time in nature would do them all some good.
Stay Tuned!

Previous
Next

No comments:

Post a Comment