Friday, October 30, 2015

Update 22

"Amos, I'm going for a quick run. How's the music going?" Tricia said as she finished up her breakfast.

Amos was on the piano, working on his skill. He was usually playing some music, filling the house with wonderful sounds. Often there would be so much music coming from the new Tudor house that passer-bys would stop to listen.



 Finished with her run, Tricia made her way into the house. She stopped to greet a neighbor.

"Hello. Never seen you before, you new?"

"Yeah, I was just passing through ma'am." the man replied.

"Well, nice to meet you, maybe I'll see you around town sometime." Tricia winked before heading inside the house. She would have entertained their guest longer, but she realized she had put on some weight. Baby weight.

"Amos, I've got some news. I...I think I'm pregnant."

"Aww, Tricia! That's great news! Are you sure? I'm so excited!"


"Congrats brother. I'm happy for you. We should definitely get in as much work done before the baby comes. I think our expansion progress is coming along, so if you put in the extra attention now, you can enjoy some time with your kid." Celeste said upon learning the big news.

Over the next couple of days Amos doted over his wife. He knew the pregnancy was hard on her; Tricia was super nauseous and sick most of the time.

"I really just want you to rest Trich, but I know you don't like being coped up in the house. Why don't you spend the evening out around town. May be catch up with some of your friends. Call me if you need anything. Okay?" Amos blew his wife a kiss.


"I'm loving all the attention Amos is giving me, but I just have not felt myself spending all this time at home. I should go out. While I still look this fine."


"Celeste, I want to do something nice for Tricia." Amos said.

"Okay. What did you have in mind?" Celeste asked.

"I think...I want to declare my love for her."

"Um. Did the wedding vows cover that?"

"No. I mean...I want to change the tradition of divorcing a wife that has a daughter. I don't want to leave Trich. I want to declare that I will stay with her no matter what."

"What!?! But the laws! I mean, you are king and all, but are you sure?"

"Yes. My father didn't have anyone at the end of his life because of that law. My grandfather never got to marry his love either. I don't want that. I'm positive. Please, set a date for the announcement to be made."



The day came for the big announcement. Amazingly, Amos and Celeste were able to keep it a secret from Tricia.

"Tricia. I...I want to...*cough*...I want to make a declaration of my love to you. For the whole kingdom to know, that I will stay married to you regardless of our child's gender. Boy or girl, I pledge to love my you. I will not disown our daughters, or divorce you, for as long as we love each other. And I know I'll always love you Trich."


Tricia found the pledge charming, and the two continued the wait for there first child.
Stay tuned!

<<Previous     Next>>

No comments:

Post a Comment