Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Amazon 21

Harmony wanted to obey the rules of the tribe, but something about the Tudor Kingdom intrigued her. She finally asked Urban if she could visit his house one night.

"Of course you are welcome Harmony. Everyone will love you!"

So she joined the Tudor family one evening. They danced and ate dinner. Then she and Urban went up to his room and messed around. Harmony had to leave early the next morning so she could get back home before sunrise.


Back at home, Almond was getting very big. She wondered if she would have twins at this rate. Most of the girls had just finished breakfast when Harmony entereed the dining hall.

"Slept in there didn't you Harmony?" Victoria joked.

"Uh, yeah. I was really tired."

"You were out late last night. You were still out when I went to bed. What have you been up to?" Ridge asked.

"Not much. Just, exploring."


Harmony continued to learn more about the kingdom, and even got her hands on some new clothes.

"What do you think Urban? Something more like the Tudor women wear?" Harmony beamed.

"Um, not exactly. Not this century at least." Urban chuckled, "But you look great!"

The two kissed before parting ways.


Later that evening Ridge caught Harmony wearing the new clothes.

"What are you wearing?"

"It's clothes...From the kingdom. It's an old style though...I was just...trying them."

"Trying them?! Harmony, I don't ask for much, but some rules are for your own good. Now take those off and I don't want you going out to the kingdom any more."

"But mom, it's not that bad. Haven't you ever bent the rules? Even just a bit?"

Ridge sighed, "Yes. I have. Fine. But, I want you to be the next Creator. As such, you'll have to uphold certain traditions. Think about it."


A few nights later, Almond went into labor. She gave birth to a lovely baby girl she named Itzel. The whole tribe celebrated with her.


Finally, the time came when Almond decided to move to the Away Camp.

"I think I'll be better suited there. My daughter may return here when she's older. If she wants." Almond said.

"I'll miss you sister. Visit often." Harmony hugged Almond.

"I will be joining you soon, and will be glad to spend time with my granddaughter." Ridge smiled.

"I'm sorry I gave you such a hard time growing up. Maybe Itzel will show me what I put you through." Almond smiled back.


With Almond taken care of, Ridge turned her attention to Harmony. Harmony had invited Urban to meet with them.

"Mother. I've decided, I want to go live in the Tudor Kingdom. The world is so big, and I want to see it all. Urban is really into exploring, and I'd like to join him as their kingdom expands."

"Are you sure?" Ridge asked.

"Yes. I'm really sure. Are...are you disappointed?"

"No. I too left my tribe and went away. I understand."

Urban stayed a while longer to reassure Ridge that Harmony would be excepted and taken care of. She was still just a teen, as was he.

"My aunt has been in charge of the house since she was a teen. But know she will be moving out, so Harmony may live with us and help out." Urban suggested. Ridge agreed.


Later that day, Ridge summoned Victoria to her.

"Victoria, your mother, Zoe, has played such a major role in the growth of this tribe. She really is family, and so are you. While I felt Almond was not right to be the tribes leader, and Harmony has made her own plans, I would like to name you the next Creator." Ridge said.

"Me? Really? Oh thank you Creator Ridge! What an honor!"

"Nate! Bring the gift please! Here. The women at the Away Camp made this for the next Creator. As I wore a traditional Creators outfit, we felt the new Creator should wear something even more special. Try it on."

"Wow! This is so beautiful! I love it! I hope I can be half the Creator you are Ridge."


The next day, the announcement was made to the whole tribe. Victoria would be taking over as Creator. Taking Ridge's seat, Victoria took her place as the new Creator. Ridge changed into a simple amazons outfit and said her goodbyes. She would be living at the Away camp from now on.

Harmony also said her goodbyes, as she was moving to the Tudor house.

"I will miss you Creator Victoria. I hope your tribe grows and is blessed with many wonderful girls." Harmony hugged her friend.

"I too hope you are blessed with many daughters. Do visit sometime and tell me all about your travels. And don't forget us Amazons."


The story of Ridge and her Amazon tribe has come to an end. But what is in store for Harmony in the Tudor Kingdom?

Thank You For Reading

1 comment:

  1. Just read through this whole story! I love how it came full circle, and all the themes of traditions -- both keeping traditions but changing and adapting, as well. A great read, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete